The Company gives priority to the protection of personal information and it is always doing its utmost to protect the personal information of its members. The Company observes the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. (the “Communications Network Act”), other rules and regulations related to the protection of personal information and the “Policy on Protection of Personal Information” which was enacted by the Ministry of Information and Communications. The Personal Data Protection Policy allows the Company to inform members of the purpose and method of using their personal information and the measures for the protection of personal information. This personal data protection policy will be posted on an online site (http://KSTAR10.com) so that the customers can refer to it anytime.
The Company’s Personal Data Protection Policy includes the following contents.
- Items of personal information to be collected and methods of collection
- The purpose of using personal information
- Customers’ consent on collecting personal information
- Customers’ consent on proving (or sharing) a third party with personal information
- The period of retention and the procedures and method of destruction of personal information
- F. The right of user and his or her legal representative and the method of exercising such right
- G. Collection of personal information by cookies
- H. Technical and managerial measures for the protection of personal information
- I. Person in charge of the protection of personal information
- J. Obligation to notify any change in policy
A. Items of personal information to be collected and methods of collection
The Company collects and utilizes the minimum amount of personal information of the member required for the purpose of authentication of user access,payment of services, shipment and provision of customized service to the member by utilizing the personal information as marketing materials for statistics and analysis.
Items of personal information to be collected and the purpose of collectionUsername, email address and password: These are used in the process of authentication of user access to the membership service. The email address is also used as a communication channel through which the Company gives notifications, timely responds to customers’ complaints and sends the information on new services, new products, and events.
B. The purpose of using personal information
The Company utilizes the personal information collected through the KSTAR10.com website for the following purposes.
- Member managementFor user authentication of the membership service, personal identification, prevention of illicit use or unauthorized use by fraudulent member, confirmation of a member’s intent to join, enrollment, maintenance of records for conflict resolution, customer services including recourse and redress, and sending notifications.
- For marketing and advertisement purposesFor the provision of service and placement of advertisements based on demographic characteristics, statistics and analysis of service usage and access frequency, selection of a sample of members for the new service and provision of events
C. Customers’ consent on collecting personal information
The Company collects the minimum amount of personal information required for the execution and performance of service use agreements by using legal andfair methods. When the Company collects user’s identification information, it must receive the user’s prior consent according to the following legal procedures. As to the collection of personal information, the Company gives notification to the users through the Personal Information Protection Policy of KSTAR10.com or Personal Information Handling Policy. When the member clicks on the “agree” button, it is considered as the member’s consent to collection of personal information. The Company studies the distribution of members and their interest and pattern of behavior based on the server log file of KSTAR10.com or its own research. The purpose is to learn more about its members and provide high-quality service to its members. The information of these studies is thoroughly collected and analyzed, but does not contain the information which would allow the Company to recognize the identification of its individual members.
D. The period of retention and the procedures and method of destruction of personal information
When personal information becomes obsolete due to the achievement of the purpose of handling personal information, the Company shall immediately destroy such information. However, the personal information of a member can be retained even after the purpose was achieved in exceptional cases required by the Commercial Law or other laws.
- Where retention is inevitable due to the provisions in the Commercial Law and other laws.
- Where the Company has already notified the member of the period of retention through proper procedures
- Where the Company received consent from an individual member
- Where the Company retains the information for thirty days to consult with customers or to prevent additional loss to customers
Method of destruction
- Personal information printed in document: It shall be destroyed by a shredder.
- Personal information saved in electronic format: It shall be destroyed through technical methods which would disable the recovery or reproduction of such personal information.
E. The rights of a user and his or her legal representative and the method of exercising such rights
Accessing personal account information and the method of modification of informationMembers may at any time open their account information saved under their profile and make any changes. If members wish to access or modify the personal information, they may click on “edit setting” on the drop-down menu linked to their username, access the account information and modify the personal information. Or, they may contact the person in charge of managing personal information by phone or email, and the Company will immediately help you to modify the personal information. If a proxy of a member visits the Company to access to the member’s personal information or ask for modification of such information, the Company may ask the proxy to prove such proxy’s relationship between the member and the proxy.
If a member requests correction of error to his or her account information, the Company will not use or provide the personal information to others before such information is modified. If the Company has already provided the personal information with error to a third party, it will immediately notify the third party of themodified information. However, if there is reasonable ground to refuse a member’s access or request for correction of the part of the information or the total information, the Company may immediately notify the member of such refusal and provide explanation.
F. Collection of personal information by cookies
The Company manages “cookies” which frequently save and find personal information of its members. A cookie is a small text file sent by the server used to run the KSTAR10.com website to the browser of its members and it is saved in the computer hard disk of its members. A cookie may contain the information of websites that members visited and members’ personal information. Members have the right to choose the installation of a cookie. By setting the options on web browsers, members may enable cookies completely, request it to ask for consent whenever cookies save data or disable cookies completely so that they are always blocked. However, if members disable cookies completely, they may encounter some difficulty in full use of the service.
- Allowing the installation of cookies
- Click “Internet Options” under “Tools” menu
- Click “Privacy Tab”
- Set “Personal Information Protection Level”
- The purpose of using cookiesThe personal information gathered through cookies is used to provide customized information tailored to the members’ interest areas, target marketing by analyzing customers’ preferences and interest areas through frequency of access and length of use by members and nonmembers, and customized service through customers’ habits in using the service, improving the service tailored to customers’ preferences and posting on bulletin board.
G. Person in charge of protection of personal information
In order to protect members’ personal information and handle their complaints related to the Company’s use of personal information, the Company designates the relevant department and Personal Information Management Officer as below. If you have any complaints with regard to personal information while using the service, please report it to the Personal Information Management Officer or Personal Information Protection Officer then we will immediately reply to you.
Personal Information Management AdministratorName : Hong Lucia Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information Management Officer Name : Jun Jung YeonContact : email@example.com
H. Obligation to notify any change in policy
This Personal Information Protection Policy may be frequently modified by the amendment of relevant laws and government policy and the Company’s internal policy. If the Personal Information Protection Policy of KSTAR10.com is amended, the Company notifies customers of the amended policy at each website whichKSTAR10.com provides its services to, at least 7 days before the enforcement of the amended policy. If you have any questions with regards to the amendment of the policy, you may ask the Personal Information Management Officer or Personal Information Protection Officer or the customer service at KSTAR10.com website.
1. Enforcement date of Personal Information Protection Policy: January 31, 2012